Write a Kindle book: do's and don'ts. Have you thought about writing a Kindle book to amplify your message? Amazon Kindle is very popular and exposes you and your message to a wide audience. Amazon may even promote your Kindle book for you to its customers as well!
In addition you may get paid. With a free Amazon account, you can sell these e-books on their website!
What is nice about writing Amazon Kindle books is that anyone can do it. However, those with experience writing print books, e-books, or posts for their website are at an advantage. These individuals are familiar with the dos and don’ts of writing for pay. However, if you have never published anything in print, even on the web, you can still make money.
- Do create an outline. Kindle books can be overwhelming for new writers. They don't have to be through. Just create an outline to work from. Jot down what you want to include in your book. As long as you get your message or story across, it doesn't matter how long or short a kindle book is.
- Do write your e-book in Microsoft Word. Microsoft Word comes standard on most computers and is available for sale separately. This programme has a useful spell and grammar checker. Amazon Kindle books are sold in digital text format. Amazon automatically coverts the format for you. Word documents are acceptable for conversion. By typing your e-book in Microsoft Word, you not only get editing help, but your document is automatically ready for upload.
- Do proofread your Kindle book before uploading and converting it to digital text. As previously stated, Microsoft Word catches most grammar and spelling errors for you. But, it isn't 100% full proof. For that reason, proofread at least twice.
- Don't assume Kindle books are only for creative writing. It is important to know that e-books are just like print books. In fact, many on the New York Time’s Best Seller List are available in e-book format for the Amazon Kindle and other similar devices. You don’t need to be an established author to compose an e-book and it can be on any topic. Popular books include how-to guides, memoirs, horror, romance, and more. Your options are virtually unlimited.
- Don't add “fluff” to increase your word count or page numbers. As previously stated, an e-book comes in a number of different formats and sizes. Do not assume you need to have an e-book that is 300 pages long. If you are writing a how-to book on how to save money at the grocery store, just start writing. If you get your point across in only 75 pages, so be it. Slightly lower the selling price of your book to compensate for the small content. Honestly, readers don’t want to be bombarded with fluff or fillers.
- Don't forget to add a table of contents. Whether you write a fiction or non-fiction book, have a table of contents. Mention the name of each chapter or section and the page it starts on.
Happy Writing! Write a Kindle book today.Follow me