A lot of people choose to start something of their own instead of sticking to the mundane work environment of the eight hour job. It may pay well and provide all the securities and advantages, but it is not quite enough to satisfy you professional mind.
Working from home has a lot of benefits when it is compared with a desk job under someone else:
1. You are your own boss. You don't need to worry about coming to office on time. Neither is there a deadline on a Friday night right when you are due meeting your wife for the long planned dinner after months. You can do your work from home. Take a break to have coffee without the fear of your superior breathing down your neck.
2. You can do exactly what you want when you work for yourself. You get to choose your clients and you are the decider on how the job is to be done.
3. You can hire anyone you want to help you in your work. You don't have to work with irritating colleagues who are trying to get ahead of you by cutting you off.
However, there are quite a few negative aspects of working from home:
4. Since you are the boss of the work, you have to ensure that all aspects of the venture are looked into. This means you have to have an overall knowledge of business.
5. If the venture fails it is your investment that loses out. Even if you have taken a loan for your business you have to find a way to repay it on time to avoid further problem.
6. Although working from home means you can choose your hours of work, there are no fixed hours as such. Therefore, you must plan your day in advance so that you don't miss out on appointments and forget to get things done.
Make sure you have the adequate resources and equipment you require to go about your venture smoothly. You must hire someone to keep track of the phone calls that you miss when you are busy so that you can get back to the caller.
If you are forgetful keep a reminder on your phone or your computer to help you through the day. Don't forget!Follow me