Tech skills for VAs and Freelancers: Create Visual Content the Easy Way – with Pablo
Pablo, a great way to create visual content quickly and easily. I've only just discovered the tool but it has made a huge difference time wise in generating visual content for my blog, websites and social media networks. Let's take a look at what Pablo is and how it can help you in creating visual content the easy way.
Buffer, is a social media tool that was designed to help people save time on social media. The company behind it is a team of 82 people working in 15 different countries and their aim is to help companies build their brands and grow their businesses on social media. In early 2015 Buffer created Pablo. Buffer UX Researcher Patrik Ward says in an Inbound AMA:
With Pablo, our main goal was to build a tool that made it easy to create awesome, engaging images quickly and in a way that fits with the overall Buffer experience.
It is believed that 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual and it processes visuals 60,000 times faster than text. No wonder then that images generate more engagement than text only posts and images are an ideal option for content creation, especially on social media.
There is software, such as Photoshop, which can be used to create images but it is a complicated programme to use and requires significant time investment to learn it. Pablo was designed to make it much easier for anyone to design and create images quickly and easily.
Becoming more visible on the web is all about creating lots of valuable content so creating images needs to be a fast and simple process. Here is how Pablo does this:
- Open pablo.buffer.com and choose a template. Templates are divided into different categories such as quote, announcement, promotion and outreach.
Once you've chosen your template you can choose the size of image you want from the right hand column. Just select the social media network where you want to share the image.
- Facebook Images: 1,200 x 628 pixels
- square images: 1,080 x 1,080 pixels
- horizontal images: 1,080 x 566 pixels
- vertical images: 1,080 x 1,350 pixels
- Twitter Images: 1,200 x 675 pixels
- Pinterest Images: 800 x 1,200 pixels
2. Once you've chosen the template and size of image that you want to use choose a background image from the left column. Pablo offers over 600 thousand images but you can also upload your own.
3. The background image you have chosen is now in the centre panel. You can use the ‘reposition' option and then the zoom and cursor to reset the part of the picture that you want in your image. Clicking on ‘done' takes you back to the home screen.
4. Decide if you want to add any filters to your image.
5. Now it's time to add the text. Choose whether you want to include a header, body and caption, which I've labelled in the next diagram. Each of these can turned on an off. Just select the check mark if you want the element to be seen. They can also be repositioned with the cursor.
You can also add your company logo and either hide or show it and adjust its size. If you are really tight for time to create your image Pablo also includes a number of quotes. Just go to the arrows next to ‘Add Quotes' and select one.
6. Now it's time to share or download your created image. Choose Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to share directly on these sites. You can also put it on buffer, if you use their social media sharing tool, or download it to your computer or tablet.
There you have it. 6 steps to using Pablo. I definitely recommend using this tool to create visual content the quick and easy way. Do let me know how you get on and if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me.
I’m author, publisher, and entrepreneur Anne Elizabeth Perez and I am here to serve you with my experience, knowledge, and ideas. Discover how to improve your visibility on the web. To find out more about how to use LinkedIn to promote your business visit Linked Power Relationships.