When you spend the time, effort and money setting up your business. Whether it is on the internet, has a physical presence or is a mixture of both you must tell people about it. Now is not the time to be reserved or shy. If people don't know about you how can they become customers. You may have the best product or service in the world but if nobody knows about them then the doors to the business will soon close. You have to broadcast your presence in as many ways as possible.
Do you have a small marketing budget…er…no marketing budget? Well that‘s okay because you can let the world know every chance you get that you have a business, a great product and a desire to give people value in exchange for letting go of some of their money.
Toby Keith sings a humorous song named ―I Wanna Talk About Me‖. The chorus goes like this:
I wanna talk about me Wanna talk about I Wanna talk about number one Oh my me my What I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see I like talking about you you-you-you, usually, but occasionally I wanna talk about me– I wanna talk about me
If you‘re like most people, you are raised to be humble and told to not talk about yourself. Well throw those lessons out the window when you own your own business. Now is not the time to be humble. Of course, you want to talk about you but in a professional, energetic and upbeat manner.
How do you broadcast your presence? Even on a shoestring budget.
9 Ways to Broadcast Your Business
- Add a signature and message about your business to every email, document, comment and anything else you send
- Attend as many networking events as you can, especially in the early days to build up contacts and joint ventures
- Join forums and share regularly
- Create a blog and leave comments on other people‘s blogs
- Join chat rooms and start chatting about yourself, show your expertise on a subject or mention your business and products
- Submit your website to multiple search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing
- Start advertising for free today! look for free directories online Do a search for your product or service online and see what searches come up. There are often many free directories. Join them and add your listing.
- Create an easy to navigate website that provides information your potential customers are looking for
- Market your website with offline activities (i.e. attend seminars, hand out business cards, post fliers where appropriate and so on)
It can be difficult to find the time and money to promote your business but despite what some business owners feel it is imperative to just get out there and do it. A business needs customers to survive. All the work you do and perhaps are passionate about will be no good unless you get people to spend their money with you. Tell the world and broadcast your business.
Don't have a website yet? Get one built in a weekend!